Spicy Salmon and Spinach
271 Kcal per serving
- Preheat oven to 200oC/180oC fan/Gas 6.
- Mix the cumin, coriander, paprika, cinnamon and a few grinds of black pepper then rub the mixture into the salmon fillets.
- Spray a small baking tray with 4 sprays of olive oil.
- Arrange the onion on the tray and place in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Take the onions out of the oven and place the salmon fillets on the onions—return to the oven and cook for a further 18-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spray a non-stick skillet with 6 sprays of olive oil and fry the garlic on a medium heat for a minute.
- Add the spinach (in a couple of batches depending on size of skillet) and cook for a few minutes until fully wilted.
- Add lemon juice (helps body absorb iron from spinach) and some ground pepper
- Serve the salmon on a bed of spinach and onions.
Add some lemon rind to the spinach if you like a more intense lemon flavour and/or serve with fresh lemon wedges. Serve with complex carbohydrates such as rice and/or wild rice for more fibre (not included in the nutritional values).
- ground cumin: 1/4 tsp
- ground coriander 1/4 tsp
- smoked paprika (or unsmoked) 1/8 tsp
- cinnamon: 1 Large pinch
- Ground black pepper
- salmon fillets (small, skinless) 2 x 100g
- olive oil: 10 sprays
- onion (thinly sliced) – 150g (approx. 1 large)
- fresh baby spinach 180g
- garlic clove (crushed/minced): 1
- lemon juice 1/2 tbsp
- Protein 23g
- Fats 14g
- Saturated fats: 3
- Carbohydrates 10.9g
- Sugars: 3g