467 Kcal per serving
- Preheat oven to 200oC/180oC fan/Gas 6.
- Cook the macaroni and carrots in boiling water for 10 mins; add the broccoli after 5 mins, then drain well in a colander.
- Fry the onion in the oil for a few minutes, then add the garlic and fry a couple more minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk stock, tomato puree, quark, mustard powder and eggs in together in a bowl.
- Stir in most of the cheese and season with pepper.
- Stir in the macaroni, vegetables, and onion/garlic mix.
- Spoon the mixture into a shallow ovenproof dish (e.g. a lasagne dish).
- Sprinkle over the remaining cheese and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
Serve with salad or seasonal vegetables )not included in the nutritional values)
This recipe can be halved to make 2 servings; it is also great for leftovers which can be kept in the fridge for another meal/lunch the next day
- dried macaroni 250g
- carrots, peeled finely diced 120g (approx. 2 carrots)
- broccoli florets 200g
- olive oil 4 sprays
- onion, finely chopped 150g (approx. 1 large)
- garlic cloves finely chopped (or crushed) 2
- ham or vegetable stock (made with 1/2 stock cube) 300ml
- tomato puree 4 tbsp
- quark 200g
- English mustard powder 1 tsp
- lightly beaten eggs: 2
- strong, flavoursome hard cheese – coarsely grated: 120g
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Protein 27g
- Fats 14.7g
- Saturated fats: 7.6g
- Carbohydrates 56.4g
- Sugars: 9g